OHS Advanced Placement Program
The Advanced Placement Program is designed to allow students to take college level courses while they are in high school. High School teachers follow curriculum guides established by college faculty through the College Board Advanced Placement Program teach these courses. An integral part of the AP curriculum is the culminating AP examination each year in May. Detailed AP Exam information at OHS below.
2013 AP EXAM CRITICAL INFO FOR STUDENTS: May 6th – May 17th, 2013
AP students and parents- please read this critical information. If you have discovered you cannot make your exam date, notify the Counseling office ASAP, as you may qualify for the ‘AP Late–Testing’ option, given May 22nd-24th. Late fees applied to some circumstances.
· OHS students will ride an AP bus from the high school to their exam site, with exceptions indicated. *If you have 2 exams on the same day, you need to arrange your own transportation from your AM exam to your PM exam.
· ARRIVE AT OHS 10 MINUTES BEFORE THE BUS LEAVES! A.M. Exams: 7:00 a.m.; P.M. Exams: 11:25 a.m.
· For all morning tests, bus will leave OHS promptly at 7:00 a.m. for arrival at the testing site by 7:30 a.m. Buses will pick-up after the test at 11:45 a.m. and return students to school shortly after 12:00 p.m.
· For all afternoon tests, bus will leave OHS promptly at 11:35 a.m. for arrival at the testing site by 12:00 p.m. Buses will be back at the testing site for pick-up at 4:30 p.m., students will return to their school shortly after 5:00 p.m.. The exception is Monday, May 6, Psychology; the end time is 3:30 p.m. and student pick-up time is 3:45 p.m.
· Note exams where students are responsible for their own transportation. Students must report to the test site by 7:15 am for morning exams and 11:30 am for afternoon exams.
· Jenne-Wright Building: CK District Office, in Old-Town Silverdale. 9210 Silverdale Way, NW, Silverdale, 98383
· Silverdale United Methodist Church: located on Silverdale Way at the intersection of Ridgetop Blvd. Testing is in the gym, the east wing of the building. 9982 Silverdale Way NW, Silverdale, WA 98383
· OHS LIBRARY: Please arrive to the OHS library by 11:30 a.m. for afternoon exams. Please be on time.
· CKHS Library: CK High School Library at 3700 NW Anderson Hill Rd. Silverdale, WA 98383
Attendance and Lunch on Exam Day: attendance roster will be sent to teachers prior to and after each exam.
· All A.M. Exam students will be excused from periods 1-4 only and will take 2nd lunch when you return from testing at 12:00 p.m. *Exception for Thursdays (Early Release schedule) so A.M. students excused periods 1-5 and can have lunch when they return to school at noon.
· All P.M. Exam students will be excused from periods 4-6 only and will need to take 1st lunch before the 11:35 a.m. bus leaves. *Exceptions will be on Wednesdays and Fridays (Tutorial schedules): P.M. exam students will be excused from 3rd period at 11:00 a.m. to have lunch before bus departs. Thursdays: take regular lunch.
· Any other absences beyond the periods listed will need to be cleared by your parent/guardian. If you decide not to take an exam, please inform me as soon as possible prior to the test. If you play a sport or have a job, it is your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP Exam obligation, and arrangements should be made accordingly.
Critical Exam Info:
· Come prepared and bring multiple sharpened #2 pencils with erasers and pens in blue or black ink.
· Do not bring any personal belongings, cell phones, electronics (including watches with alarms or beepers), or food to the exam site.
· Must have picture ID for each and every exam.
· For the following exams, Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, or Statistics only, bring up to 2 approved calculators, or you can go to www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators for more details. For Physics Exam - only- bring a ruler or straightedge.
· Once the test is started you will not be admitted to the testing site. Students may not be dismissed until the exam has officially ended; do not ask to leave if you finish early.
· Obtaining your AP Scores after the Exams: IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP YOUR STUDENT PACK ID # AFTER EXAMS. YOU MUST HAVE EITHER YOUR AP # OR YOUR OHS STUDENT ID # GET YOUR ONLINE SCORES IN JULY. You will need to set up a College Board account, if you don’t have one yet, to access your scores online at www.collegeboard.org .
AP STUDY SESSIONS/PRACTICE EXAMS AT OHS
Sat, 4/13: AP Language and AP Literature 11am-3pm B6
Sun, 4/14: AP Language and AP Literature 11am-1pm B4
Sat, 4/20: AP Language and AP Literature 11am-1pm B6
Sun, 4/21: AP Language and AP Literature 11am-1pm B4
Chemistry 8am-noon C8
Statistics 9am -1pm D4
World History 1pm -4pm Library
Statistics 9am-1pm D4
World History 1pm-4pm
Sat, 5/11: World History 1pm-4pm Library
*This list may not be all inclusive; If you do not see your student’s class listed, please contact the teacher
MORE AP PREP OPPORTUNITIES!
The Kitsap Regional Library offers a free online AP practice exam database for 8 AP exams.
1. Go to www.krl.org
2. Click Access Research Tools
3. Click Homework & Research Help
4. Click Learning Express Library (need Library card # if accessing at home)
5. Click College Preparation
6. Click AP Preparation
WHY ADVANCED PLACEMENT?
AP AT OLYMPIC HIGH SCHOOL
WHEN ARE THE AP EXAMS?
USEFUL RESOURCES FOR AP
AP EXAM ORDER PACKET (Current AP students or parents: print off below forms for ordering exams)
OHS AP PROGRAM INFORMATION (click
on forms below in PDF)
USEFUL WEBSITE LINKS
AP Coordinator: Keri Williams ~ 360-662-2742 ~ Keriw@cksd.wednet.edu
~ Also, please see AP Bulletin Board in cafeteria, outside of Counseling Office, for need-to-know AP Info. ~